Not Worth It? | Le Volume De Chanel Mascara Review
Stopping by the Chanel counter at my “local” Saks (2 makeup products and $75 later) the sales lady told me the new mascara from Chanel (Le Volume De Chanel Mascara). She gave me a deluxe sample to try out. I thought, “Cool.” I never had any of their mascaras and could not wait to try. And since it was FREE, even better.
I get home and try it out. The brush was nice looking. The formula was thick. BUT when I applied it it was all down hill for me. Why? My lashes are curly and are a beast to tame if I don’t have the right kind of brush. For me it took to long to apply and clumped my lashes together .
About this mascara:
- Black/ Noir
- No Waterproof Formula
- Volumizing Mascara
- $34 at Saks (Can purchase from Neiman Marcus, Chanel.com or other places that carry Chanel makeup)
How did Le Volume De Chanel Mascara sample stack up?
- Cost: I got a Free sample. Regular price is about $34 (4/5)
- Application: Hard to apply to curly eyelashes. Might be easier if your lashes are straighter. Had to use another company’s brush to apply formula. (3/5)
- After Affects: No flakes on my cheek from long wearing. (4.5/5)
- Consistency: Thick and creamy. (4.5/5)
- Brush: Bristles were very short. Were not able to reach outer “C” shape of eyelashes. (3/5)
Overall Score/ Comments – 76% – C: I am glad that I had chance to try the mascara before I spent the money on the full size. I love Chanel but I am not a fan of this mascara. If the bristles were longer it would have helped to separate my lashes. The fact that I have to use a cheaper brush with this formula makes application tough and time consuming. Will not purchase full size.
Love Chanel? Have this mascara or a similar soap?
Let’s talk about it! Just leave me a note below!