Quick Eczema Treatment? & Natural Hair Conditioner?
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. Especially for the fashion and food! The one thing I hate about fall is the way it dries out my skin. I was sent this 100% Organic Pure Unrefined African Shea Butter from Cleopatra’s Choice to review for free…and so far I’m loving it! Not just because it was free, lol.
Let me tell you why.
1. It keeps my skin/ face / lips moisturized ALL DAY. I work 9 hour days usually. No more coming home to dry, crusty looking legs! LOL.
2. I can use it in my hair! I usually apply light oils or Cantu Shea Butter (not the same as this) to my hair. Then I apply a light layer of this African Shea butter as a top layer. I use this to lay down my edges and nape. This does an OK job on the edges.
Don’t worry I’m not getting paid for this so I can say anything I want to about it.
Claims of the product (From Cleopatra’s Choice.com):
- Grade A
- Fair Trade, Sustainable Farming Made
- Raw, Unprocessed Shea Butter
- 100% Pure, Natural & Organic
- Highest Quality Shea Butter Guaranteed
- Imported from Ghana, Africa
100% Organic Pure Unrefined African Shea Butter from Cleopatra’s Choice – Overall Rating – 99.2% – A
- Application: This is somewhat hard to apply in it’s solid state. All shea butters have the similar properties and will usually melt at above room temp. This was not a major problem for me. BUT if you apply it to semi-damp skin the shea butter will show up as white on your skin. It will go away after a few minutes. (4.9/5)
- Color: A nice golden yellow color! I loved it because the color lets me know that it’s 100% organic and unrefined. (5/5)
- Consistency: Thick! As mentioned before was hard to apply and dig out of the tub. Not a major factor for me (4.9/5)
- Duration (Longevity): This lasted a loooong time for me. Working long days and my skin was still moisturized was amazing! (5/5)
- Smell: A slight nutty and coco butter smell. Was very light and not noticeable. (5/5)
- *Price – Cannot really comment since it was sent to me for free.
I would definitely recommend this product! Especially for people with extremely dry skin and eczema. I would recommend this for people who have natural hair. Would be good for twist-outs, braid outs and general hair moisture.