Leave It? | NARS Eyeshadow Soft Touch Stick Review – GlamorBelle.com
NARS and MAC makeup companies are very popular. Bold and daring colors that have makeup addicts rushing to retail stores and online to buy the best eyeshadows (as far as pigmentation).
I recently took a trip to Saks Fifth Avenue and was immediately stopped at the NARS counter in the front of the store. Strategically placed I’m sure. I have never purchased anything from NARS and I wanted to know what the hype was all about. To me it was just another MAC. Sure the colors may be different but what else? So I talked to the NARS beauty agent for a minute and soon she began to ask me what colors I like and we went from there. Three dramatic NARS eyeshadow looks and swatches later. I took out my Saks gift card (Thank you AMEX Gold Rewards!) And I made a purchase!
What did I buy? Not much. The Soft Touch Eyeshadow Pencil in Dark Rite and the Lip Gloss in “Super Vixen” *wink*
On to the NARS eyeshadow stick Review:
My final thoughts on NARS Soft Touch Eyeshadow Stick – Dark Rite
Overall Score: 4.25/5, B
- Color Saturation: The color I purchased was called “Dark Rite.” It was a very pretty navy blue eyeshadow. (5/5)
- Consistency: Thick. You could see the fiber extensions. (4.25/5)
- Long Lasting: If you wipe your eyelid (like I did one day; if wearing it as an eyeliner) You will be able to notice where the color was wiped. Unwiped = a little shimmer. Wiped=matte and noticible if there is a portion of your shadow that you did not touch. You will have to blend it out to be even. (3.5/5)
- Price: Expensive for what you get. Despite my ranting in the video. I may purchase this product again. It’s soooo pretty! (3.5/5)
- Product Application: It was easy to apply but the brush did not separate my eyelashes as well as I wanted. (5/5)
Overall Recommendation: BUY IT!
Other NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil Colors for Spring 2012:
– Aigle Noir (Black)
– Calabria (Plum with Shimmer)
– Celebrate (Light Green)
– Goddess (Pinkish Champagne)
– Hollywoodland (Light Gold)
– Palladium (Turquoise with Silver Glitter)
– Queen (Gold Glitter)
– Skorpios (Copper)